Thursday, November 12, 2015

Updates! Future entries in the blog!(Violent Soho, MOME and Ed the Happy Clown! )

Hey guys the blog is doing really well!

 I would say that its even doubling the page views from my other blog on self-improvement. I am really engrossed on being a critic. Is it really my calling? Its too early too tell. However, I do want to deliver for you the highest quality of writing and reviews. A great goal would be to start reviewing music seriously, especially how music works. How the guitar and bass sound work together. I don’t have these skills at the moment; however, I think I might comment on the lyrics. I guarantee you that a more technical analysis will happen by the beginning of this upcoming year!

I have been listening to tons of exciting music: Violent Soho, The Promise Ring, Mazzy Star and Polvo; All very eclectic alternative bands. I think I’ll start my criticism working on the Ramones first album; A punk classic that kicked off the movement! Any way expect to see all your favorite anime and reality television covered. I might be adding One Piece reviews at some point. I know we shouldn’t be too ambitious, however, I do want to start covering Alternative comics! I am thinking of kicking of with Ed the Happy Clown. However, I don’t want to alienate our young readers. I think though I’ll put a PG warning since I love art and I know some of you guys really want me to start our comic line in a strong note. Then move onto short stories; I am especially eyeing the MOME collection, well see, well see.

The Promise Ring, "Nothing Feels Good" 


Future Reviews
1)   Alternative Comics: Ed the Happy Clown/Bone or Jimmy Corrigan
2)   Music: Ramones first album
3) Introducing a “review a day” series. This series consists on reviewing short pieces of fiction based on the “50 great short stories.”by Milton Crane. 
4)   MOME the Fantagraphics anthology on the best cartoonists of our contemporary time.
5)   Digimon, Yugioh and other movies.


And much more, I’ll try to keep it contemporary. My vintage series will cover older anime and comics. I am personally more into older works; however, newer works are a must since I know you guys like feeling a strong sense of agency! After all in newer works you can get interviews with the actors and participate in premieres. Like it’s the case of the Force Awakens. Any way I’ll leave you with The Seatbelts, from Cowboy Bebop, with their song, “Wo Qui Non Coin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment